This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a commission for purchases made through links. I will only recommend products that I have personally used! Learn more on my Private Policy page.
By Sean Tinney March 21, 2023
Use the change of season to your advantage, and add spring-related topics and themes to your emails. The reason: Seasonal emails tend to have higher open rates because they create a sense of urgency among readers. (If they don’t open it now, they’ll miss out!)
5 spring email ideas
Here are five creative email ideas to try this spring in order to drive more opens, clicks, and sales.
1 – Change up your subject lines
Add the word “spring” or spring-related topics to your subject line so your subscribers know the content inside is timely and relevant.
Or if you send out a monthly newsletter, add the month — March, April, or May — to the subject line. That way your readers understand that the info is seasonal, and won’t be pertinent the following month.
Have some fun with the subject line! Check out how Etsy made this subject line a spring-related pun, but gave more context to the message inside with their preheader text.
However, always make sure your subject line accurately reflects the content inside your newsletter or message. If it doesn’t, then you’ll lose your subscribers’ trust. They’ll more than likely unsubscribe or mark your email as spam.
Check out Etsy’s email below that went with their punny subject line. Their lead story in the email directly corresponds with the subject line. The reader doesn’t have to go searching for the content and they’re not left hanging.
2 – Promote seasonal sales and services
Encourage customers to purchase your product or use your services with a spring sale or discount.
Here’s a fun example from Expedia:
Below, Sears reminds its subscribers that they should get their riding mowers tuned up before the start of spring. They offer a helpful video, plus repair service and a discount on parts in the actual email content.
Pro tip: You can offer exclusive promotions to subscribers on your mailing list, and you can use them as incentives to encourage email sign ups. For example, offer a discount to anyone who signs up for your email list during the first week of spring. Don’t forget to share it on social media, too!
3 – Play up design
While your email design shouldn’t drastically change from your brand’s look and feel just because it’s spring, you can give it a little “pop” with some spring images (think: flowers, umbrellas, birds, sunshine, butterflies, grass) and colors (think: pastels).
Here’s an example from Ann Taylor, which stays true to their brand’s font and styling, but has some fun with imagery and color palette.
Modcloth accentuates their brand with a GIF that draws attention to their new spring apparel.
4 – Incorporate spring holidays
In addition to longer days and warmer weather, spring also brings with it a lot of holidays.
Check out the subtle (and hilarious) way Motherhood Maternity ties in a discount with Cinco de Mayo:
Here’s how Williams-Sonoma drives sales around their personalized baskets for Easter.
5 – Draw on spring themes
Spring is a time for renewal. Birds come back. Flowers bloom. Baby animals are everywhere.
But it’s a time for renewal for humans, too. That’s why you find many people spring cleaning and reorganizing their lives during this season. Almost any business can apply this theme to their marketing!
See how Plated tapped into spring’s time for discovery and growth, while showing off their fresh, colorful produce.
Have services instead of a product? You can still play up this theme. A nutritionist, for example, might focus on the idea of cleansing the body from junk food. Or a marketing agency might encourage subscribers to cleanse underperforming tactics from their marketing strategy. You get the idea.
Pro Tip: Your spring-related email isn’t limited to discounts and promotions — consider creating content that focuses on helping your customers during this time of year.
60 spring email subject lines to help you stand out in the inbox
Make sure your spring emails are opened, read, and enjoyed by your subscribers? Your subject line should clearly convey what your email is about. This way, your subscribers know the email is relevant to them.
Here are a few spring email subject line ideas you can use as inspiration for your next campaign:
- Don’t miss out on our spring sale!
- Spring into savings with our latest promotion
- Celebrate the season with our new arrivals
- Time to refresh your wardrobe with our spring collection
- Get ready for spring with our must-have items
- Spring has sprung! Check out our new products
- Bloom into savings with our spring deals
- Spring cleaning made easy with our products
- Spring into action with our limited-time offer
- Bring on the sunshine! Our spring sale is here
- Our spring products will put a spring in your step
- Embrace the season with our spring essentials
- New beginnings, new deals – spring is here!
- Happy spring! Enjoy these exclusive offers
- Spring is in the air, and so are our savings
- Freshen up your home for spring with our products
- Spring fever? We’ve got the cure with our products
- Hop into spring with our special deals
- Spring has arrived, and so have our new products
- Say hello to spring with our joyful collection
But spring isn’t just about the beautiful weather, it’s also wedding and graduation season. Here are 20 ready-to-use subject lines you can use for each occasion.
Wedding email subject lines
- Make your dream wedding a reality with our products/services
- Happily ever after starts with our wedding collection
- Our wedding experts are here to make your day perfect
- Don’t miss out on our exclusive wedding deals
- Love is in the air with our romantic wedding collection
- Saying “I do” to our wedding products has never been easier
- Let us help you plan your perfect day with our wedding services
- Time to tie the knot with our wedding packages
- Your wedding day just got better with our special offers
- Walk down the aisle in style with our wedding attire
- Fall in love with our wedding venue options
- Planning your wedding? We’ve got you covered
- Make your wedding unforgettable with our unique products
- Join us for our bridal expo and discover the perfect vendors
- Your dream wedding is just a click away with our services
- Say yes to our wedding invitations
- You’re engaged! Let us help you plan your dream wedding
- Celebrate your love with our wedding products
- Our wedding gifts will make your guests swoon
- Love is in the details with our wedding decor and accessories
Graduation email subject lines
- Congratulate the graduate in your life with our gifts
- Graduation day is almost here! Celebrate with our products
- Our graduation collection will have you feeling cap-tivated
- Commencement season calls for our exclusive deals
- Congrats, grad! Treat yourself to our graduation products
- Make their graduation day even more special with our gifts
- Graduating? Let us help you celebrate with our products
- Our graduation services will make your big day a success
- From caps to gowns, we have everything you need for graduation
- Don’t miss out on our graduation sale
- Graduation season is here, and we’re ready to celebrate
- Our graduation products are the perfect way to say “congratulations”
- Celebrate the end of an era with our graduation gifts
- Graduation day is a big deal, and we’ve got you covered
- You did it! Celebrate your accomplishments with our products
- Our graduation decorations will make your party pop
- It’s graduation season, and we have everything you need to celebrate
- Cap off your graduation celebration with our products
- Get ready to toss your cap with our graduation deals
- Celebrate their hard work with our graduation gifts and accessories
Spring email templates
Spring is a time for renewal, and what better way to refresh your email marketing strategy than with spring-themed emails.
Email templates with a spring touch make it really easy to create beautiful and engaging emails that capture the essence of the season. Whether you’re promoting a sale, launching a new product, or simply staying in touch with your subscribers, a well-designed spring email can make all the difference.
Get a jump on creating your spring emails with an assortment of beautiful seasonal templates in AWeber.
Here are a few spring email template examples you can use for free with an AWeber account.
And don’t forget about the many celebrations and holiday’s during spring.
Whether you choose to use the templates as is or modify them to fit your specific needs, you’ll be able to create beautiful emails that are sure to capture your audience’s attention.
Spring email signature
Updating your email signature for spring is a small yet effective way to inject some seasonal fun into your email campaigns. It’s also an opportunity to showcase your brand’s personality and stand out in your subscribers’ inboxes.
Here are a few clever ways to update your email signature for spring:
- Use a colorful or pastel font to reflect the bright and fresh feel of the season.
- Include a quote or message that resonates with the season, such as “Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!‘” – Robin Williams.
- Add a link to your company’s spring sale or promotion to encourage readers to take action.
- Highlight any spring-related content or events your company is promoting, such as new spring products or a spring-themed contest.
- Add a spring-themed image or graphic, such as flowers, sunshine, or birds, to your signature. Here are a few spring inspired images you can use (these are also available in your AWeber account to use for free).
If you’re looking for something different or just want more options, log into your AWeber account. When setting up your email, use the images icon to find more spring-themed images.
Don’t have an AWeber account, no problem. You can get started for free.
So go ahead, add some spring flair to your email signature and watch your engagement rates bloom!
Get your spring emails ready today
With these spring email inspirations, you’re well on your way to creating amazing email campaigns that will engage your subscribers and boost your business. So get creative, have fun, and make the most of this wonderful season!